Health Benefits of Eating Guavas During Pregnancy I #Guava I Jamakaya I Good Health and More
10 Benefits Of Eating Guavas During Pregnancy
Guava is a tree-fruit commonly cultivated in the tropics and sub-tropics. Its color varies from yellow to light green. Guavas are best eaten raw in its natural form. It’s also eaten in fruit salads in combination with other fruits and preserved as jams, jellies and juice for long term use. You will ;earn whether guava during pregnancy is safe or not.
Guava is exceptionally nutritional and one of the healthiest fruits available, which takes care of your body’s multiple nutrient requirements. The high water content, and the comparatively lower presence of fats, carbohydrates and proteins, makes it an ideal part of a meal.
Health Benefits Of Guava During Pregnancy
The nutrients in the guava fruit make it an essential addition to the diet of a pregnant woman. Some of the guava benefits during pregnancy are discussed below.
1. Eating guavas maintains the blood sugars at a normal and healthy level thus helping to prevent gestational diabetes in pregnant women.
2. Guavas also help to keep the blood pressure under control. During pregnancy, maintaining equilibrium in blood pressure is essential to avoid miscarriage and premature births.
3. Nibbling on the guava fruit helps in the reduction of anemia in the body, the fruit contains essential nutrients which help increase the hemoglobin levels in the body.
4. Since guavas are rich in ascorbic acid or Vitamin C, it helps to improve the immune system of the expectant mothers. It also helps in removing other health issues such as tooth aches, bleeding gums, ulcers, broken blood vessels and other pregnancy related difficulties. One guava fruit contains about 16 milligrams of Vitamin C, which is much more than the quantity of this vitamin needed by a male or female body.
5. Guavas help in keeping the digestive system healthy. Many women complain of constipation during pregnancy. Guava, with its laxative properties, helps with easy bowel movements. As a consequence, this amazing fruit prevents any sorts of digestion related problems, which is absolutely essential during pregnancy.
[ Read: Pregnancy Personal Care Tips ]
6. Guavas contain anti-oxidants, anti-toxins such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, iso-flavanoids, carotenoids, polyphenols. These help in combating germs and infections in the body. Thus keeping the expectant mother away from a lot of illnesses.
7. Guavas are also known for its high content of fiber. When guavas are consumed with their seeds, it helps in the prevention of hemorrhoids and constipation that are quite frequent during pregnancies.
8. Magnesium in the guavas helps the nerves and muscles of the body to relax. This is beneficial to pregnant women because with weight gain, the body craves some lightness which this fruit provides.
9. Guavas not only help the expectant women in maintaining proper health, it also helps the foetus. The guava fruit is a storehouse of folic acid or Vitamin B9. This is a vitamin which is crucial in the development of a baby’s nervous system.
10. The calcium content of the guava fruit makes it a welcome addition to a pregnancy diet.
Now you know whether Is guava good for pregnancy or not? Now, lets look into some of the adverse effects of eating guava in pregnancy.
[ Read:Skin Care During Pregnancy]
Side Effects Of Guava In Pregnancy
Check out here some of the most talked about side effects of eating guava during pregnancy:
- Eating too many guavas, especially unpeeled ones, during pregnancy, leads to diarrhea as guavas contain high amount of fiber. Diarrhea is not good for the expectant mother as it weakens her, causes irritation, uneasiness and hampers her relaxation period. It also leads to dietary changes and consumption of more pills which is not advisable by the doctors. A remedy is to peel the guava before eating.
- If the expected mother already has some dental issues then unripe or half ripe guavas could lead to tooth aches.
There is not enough clinical data to prove the benefits and side effects of consuming guava fruit during pregnancy. But as common logic tells us, any fruit must be good when consumed rationally.
Hope now you know whether is it safe to eat guava during pregnancy or not. And anything in excess can prove an irritant, especially when you are pregnant.
Video: Guava Benefits During Pregnancy Side Effects of Guava Fruit During Pregnancy Best Fruit Juice
Goop, Glossier, Outdoor Voices will be huge in 2019
Aspirin and Surgery
Changes to Obamacare Affordable Care Act
Myths and Facts About Menstrual Bleeding
Midi – The Trendiest Length In Fall 2014
Listen: Chloe Sevignys Playlist
6 Myths About Greek Yogurt
How to Make an Office in your Kitchen
Subway Nutrition Facts, Menu Choices Calories
5 Cocktail Recipes to Fête St. Patricks Day
J.Crew blames companys spiral on high prices