Do-it-yourself dog box
To make a dog house with your own hands, you need to correctly calculate the size and prepare a minimum of tools and materials. The described project is designed for those who do not have “tough” carpentry equipment and serious woodworking skills. The article describes in detail how to choose the size of the dwelling in which your dog will not be crowded at the same time, and it will not be cold in winter. The doghouse shown in the photos was not insulated, nor was it fitted with a curtain to protect the entrance from the snow. There is a little theory about this in the end, which will be easy to translate into practice.Next, the side panels are made. They are needed because the booth frame will not. It is not needed, because the product is small, and excessive bars will only steal the free space inside. For the panels you need boards and sheet material (in the photo - OSB). This cake allows you to get the desired strength without the frame. In addition, the OSB will overlap the joints between the boards, which, with long-term operation on the street, will inevitably turn into cracks. The side panels are attached to the bottom of the boards on the screws. The technique is the same - we drill, then screw it.Verticality of the panels is provided with the help of a carpenter and clamps.
MaterialsNaturally, the required amount of materials depends on the size of your pet. This particular booth was made for a very small yard dog, and the following materials were spent on its production (construction waste and trimming trim):
- 50x50 mm bar - 2.50 m.
- Edged board 25x150 mm - 4 m.
- OSB 7 mm - about 2 square meters
- Ruberoid - 1 square meter
- Plastic panels - about 2m.
- Screws for wood 35 mm - about 100 pieces.
- Screws for wood 80 mm - 10 pieces.
- Galvanized U-shaped profile - 60 cm.
ToolsThe key advantage of this project is simplicity. For its implementation does not need expensive specific tools that are not present in the ordinary home wizard.To make a doghouse with your own hands, you will need the following:
- A hacksaw (you can use an electric jigsaw or a circular saw).
- A power screwdriver (optional).
- Electric drill (without it).
- Joiner's square.
- A simple pencil or marker .
- Clamps (optional).
- Drill bit for wood with a diameter of 2.5 mm.
- Bit for screwing in screws.
- Stationery knife (it’s convenient to cut plastic panels)
- Construction stapler.
- Tool for grinding (orbital, vibration and whether belt sander).
Dog box sizeDespite the abundance of illustrated explanations on the Internet, it’s not so easy to guess the size of the future box. Most examples give the following principle:
- The length of the booth shouldcorrespond to the distance from the nose to the tailbone of a dog.
- The width of the housing is equal to the height from the paws to the withers.
- The height corresponds to the height of the dog to the crown.
- The height of the entrance is the same.
- The width of the entrance is equal to the transverse size of the chest plus a couple of centimeters.
Step-by-step assembly of the booth with your own handsStart"Construction" is needed from the bottom - bottom. A frame is made from a bar according to the external dimensions of the booth on which the board is laid. All parts are fastened with screws. Here and further it should be remembered that under all screws are pre-drilled holes. This technique will facilitate the assembly and also reduce to zero the risk of splitting lumber. The accuracy of the work, by the way, also significantly increases due to drilling.
Warming the booth and protecting the entranceIf you need a warmer booth,then you can apply a thermal insulation material, for example, polyethylene foam (the one with foil). It is possible to warm a bottom with polyfoam. There just remained a deep niche for these purposes. The walls and roof need to be warmed in advance, in the process of manufacturing panels. After assembly, in this case, it will be difficult to get inside, although it is possible. To protect the entrance from snow in wintertime, you can use technology that is often used in warehouses. It is made of longitudinal strips of flexible transparent plastic. These are sold in some building supermarkets. They will not interfere with the dog, and the heat-insulating characteristics of housing will significantly affect. In extreme cases, you can use a dense polyethylene, leather or its substitutes. Cut the old women's handbag into patches, and you will be happy (only the old, and not the one used by mother, wife, daughter or sister).
Date: 09.10.2018, 02:01 / Views: 34294
Elegant bench around a tree of old chairs
Topographic survey of a land plot: stages and composition of work
Simple felt flowers
Homemade basket with decorative bow
Recipe for Carrots