How I grow the TOUCH from the twig
I love evergreens because of their year-round decoration. But, unfortunately, the planting material of such plants is not cheap, so I have mastered the method of reproduction of evergreen cuttings. This allows you to grow a very beautiful evergreen without spending a penny. After all, it is very easy to get a cutting, you just need to find the tree you like and break off a small sprig from it. As my experience shows, not all evergreens take root from a cutting. And the easiest way I managed rooting ordinary green thuja. The experiment was also a success with the blue thuja, but today I want to talk about cutting the green one.
Green thuya cuttings.
1. Choice of cuttings. In my opinion, the more the stalk, the better it takes root. Therefore, I take a twig from an adult tuja in height of 25-30 centimeters. And cut it with sharp scissors or shears at the very trunk. Also, it is worth cutting off the lower leaves.
2. Preparation of the hole. For thuja cuttings, I usually choose a shaded wet spot in an inconspicuous corner of the site.Digging a hole with a depth of 20-25 centimeters. And well loosen the soil at the bottom.
3. In the holes for evergreens always make organic fertilizers. Moreover, it seems to me that it is better to choose water-soluble, in order to avoid burning the roots. Then I pour a well with fertilizer water and leave it for a while to soak the soil.
4. After that, I just stick the stalk into the ground right up to the leaves. It should immediately align it vertically and if it does not stand firmly, then sprinkle it with a little soil and compact the soil around it.
5. Organization of greenhouse. Since cuttings of evergreens should be found in the greenhouse for a long time, it is worth using strong, transparent materials for this. The best fit are cut-off plastic bottles of a light color, or better completely transparent. And it's worth cutting, considering not only the height of the cuttings, but also a few centimeters that will be in the ground.
6. Next, I cover the greenhouse stalk, tucking all the leaves, and press it a little into the ground. It is necessary to completely exclude the entry of cold air into the greenhouse, so the edges of the greenhouse also sprinkle a bit on the ground.
7Slightly spill the entire @ construction @ with water and leave it alone.
Further care of the planting of the Tui is only in periodic watering and ventilation of the greenhouse, but not earlier than 2 weeks after planting. When signs of rooting appear, it is possible to open the greenhouse and continue to contain the cutting without shelter. Next year you can transplant the plant, but it is better to let it grow in one place at least a year or two.
Date: 09.10.2018, 09:16 / Views: 95544
Natural tree shapes in design
How much to do sports
Dual Band Tone
Cut the knitted thing, without the risk of looping
We set up a place for a campfire in the country: a fireside with your own hands