Don't Buy Slipcovers Until You Read Our Reviews!
How to Choose Furniture Slipcovers
There is no need to buy new furniture simply because you are tired of looking at a particular pattern on your sofa, or an armchair has a spot on it that refuses to come off. Slipcovers offer an attractive and functional way to update your furniture. There are many different types and styles of slipcovers available on the market, and choosing the right one for you and your furniture can be a bit overwhelming. It does not have to be. Choose furniture slipcovers by deciding if you want them custom or ready-made, and then selecting a color, style and shape that fits the furniture you want to swathe in new fabric.
Deciding Between Ready-Made and Custom Slipcovers
Choose to have a custom made slipcover if the piece of furniture you want to cover is an odd shape, and you will have trouble finding a ready-made slipcover to fit it.
Select a custom slipcover if you are particular about the fabric, style and color that you want.You can have a designer make a slipcover according to all of your specifications.
Prepare to pay a little more for a custom slipcover.
- Remember that your custom slipcover may cost more, but it is essentially guaranteed to fit perfectly since it is being made specifically for your furniture.
Choose a ready-made slipcover if you are looking for an economical way to update your furniture.
Measure your furniture carefully when you decide to use a ready-made slipcover.
- Shop for slipcovers that match your measurements. If you cannot find something exact, go with a larger slipcover which you can sew or pin in order to make it fit your furniture.
Consider a semi custom slipcover if you want something affordable and precise.
- Provide your measurements to a slipcover company that creates slipcovers for standard furniture. This is a good option for standard size furniture, such as loveseats, sofas, ottomans and armchairs.
Choosing a Color and Style for Your Slipcover
Start by deciding what kind of fabric you want.
- Select something that is easy to wash if you have children, pets or eat on your furniture frequently. The best fabrics for this lifestyle include cotton, denim or corduroy.
- Remember that thin, stretchy material which is often made from polyester will fit your furniture easily, but will be less durable than a thicker fabric.
- Choose a fabric such as micro-suede, chintz, chenille or imitation leather for furniture that gets less traffic. You will not have to worry about removing and washing these slipcovers as often.
Look for a color or a pattern that will complement the room.Whether you are choosing a slipcover for the living room, bedroom or home office, you want your furniture to match the rest of your decoration.
- Look for bright colors and patterns for kids rooms, play areas and places where the entire family gathers.
- Go with more traditional shades and simple patterns in formal rooms such as dining rooms, living rooms and libraries.
- Consider white slipcovers. While that color may seem counterintuitive, especially if you have kids, pets and lots of messes, you can bleach the white fabric when you wash it.
Shop for construction that is simple.You do not want to struggle every time you put the slipcover on or take it off.
- Look for a one-piece slipcover if you want low maintenance. The more pieces a slipcover has, the more difficult it can be getting everything in place.
- Try a slipcover with tailored pleats or pretty folds if you want a unique and special appearance, and you do not plan to take it off very often to wash or change it.
- Ask for a demonstration when you are shopping for a ready-made slipcover or talking to a designer about your custom slipcover. Getting instructions on how to put it on your furniture and take it off will mean less of a struggle when you are doing it on your own.
Video: How to choose size for sectional sofa slipcover
Deciding on Rheumatoid Arthritis Surgery
How to Get an Even Tan
The Real Difference Between CC Cream andFoundation
Tom Ford Holiday 2014 Makeup Collection
Diet Fizzy Drinks Linked To Strokes And Dementia, According To Study
Corn, And 3 More Weird And Unwelcome Fillers In Coffee
California Roll Salad
What Is Functional Fitness
What Your Orgasms Say About Your Relationship
Zaras Cheaper Line Is Suddenly So Edgy, Its Almost Unrecognisable
10 Unbelievable New Years Eve Facts
Jamal Khashoggis murder may be extrajudicial killing by Saudis: UN
How to Stop Being Unlucky
Phobias are irrational and specific