How to clean a Laser Printer Transfer Belt
How to Clean a Laser Printer
Electronics collect dust over time. Laser printers are especially prone to dust and debris. Because laser printers use toner cartridges, the mechanisms can become clogged up when ink toner accumulates in tight areas. Cleaning a laser printer can restore the machine to its original operability. Use these steps to properly clean your printer.
Turn the printer off and unplug it from its power source at least 1 hour prior to cleaning to cool it down and prevent electrical shock.
Open the printer to view the inner components..
- Review your owner's manual to determine how the printer should be opened. Some printers have latches; some open on a hinge; and others might require a screwdriver.
Remove all detachable components from the printer.
- Find and lift out the all-in-one toner cartridge if your laser printer is newer and relatively inexpensive.
- Take out the imaging drum. It is usually a bright green or blue color. Grab each side of the drum; do not touch the surface of the drum. Carefully lift out the imaging drum and place it in an area with no light.
Wipe the toner cartridge or bottle with an activated toner cloth.
- Toner cloth is specially designed to attract and catch toner particles that other cloths would leave behind.
- Rest the cartridge on another toner cloth.
Position a toner vacuum into the printer chassis.
- Suck out any spilled toner you see in the interior.
- Move the vacuum nozzle around slowly, lingering for at least 3 seconds for each crevice.
Take a clean paintbrush and angle the bristles into hard-to-reach nooks.
- Scrub the corners gently to loosen any built-up toner.
- Vacuum out the debris the paintbrush loosens.
Clean the corona wires.
- Dip a cotton swab into rubbing alcohol.
- Find the exposed fine wires inside the printer. They are usually near the paper rollers. Their purpose is to attract toner by transferring a static charge to the paper.
- Rub the swab across the wires, twisting the swab when one side becomes soiled.
Use a can of condensed air to remove dust from the internal fan.
Wash the paper feed roller.
- Pour rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab and scrub the roller in a circular motion to remove toner that has gathered.
Disinfect the exterior of the laser printer with a micro-fiber cloth and rubbing alcohol.
Replace the inner components.
QuestionWhat should I never do when working on a laser printer?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerExpose the drum to sunlight or bright florescent lighting. The drum is light-sensitive and can be damaged by this type of light. Also, keep your hands off the drum, oils from your hands will damage the drum as well.Thanks!
QuestionWhat are the tools required to clean a laser jet printer?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSwab sticks (you can find them online and they are usually very cheap, try searching for ECO SOLVENT SWABS, they work wonderfully), rubbing alcohol, activated toner cloth, vacuum cleaner and a clean paint brush with soft bristles are needed.Thanks!
How do I clean my laser printer's paper path?
- Blow the condensed air in short, rapid bursts instead of a steady stream.
- Do not touch the fuser-roller of a printer that has recently been used. The fuser-roller gets hot when printing and can burn you.
- Do not apply pressure to the corona wires when scrubbing them of excess toner. A gentle scrub is enough to remove toner.
- Always wear a face mask and gloves when performing maintenance on your laser printer.
- Do not allow the toner vacuum to touch any internal components of the printer.
- Do not perform maintenance on your laser printer that might void your manufacturer's warranty.
- Do not spray liquids directly onto the exterior or interior of your laser printer.
Video: brother HL 1110 laser printer drum cleaning - printer troubleshooting and maintenance schedule
WikiHow:Content Farm Submissions
Stop Everything: Golden Girls Monopoly and Clue Are 40 Off on Amazon
5 Effective Acro Yoga Poses For A Healthy Body
Getting Portion Sizes Back Under Control
9 Ways to Streamline Your Diet—and Your Life—This Fall
How to Be a Barbie Doll Teenager
How to Draw Basic Human Figures
10Celebrity Couples Who Don’t Care About Their Age Gap (Spoiler: Sylvester Stallone IsaReally Lucky Guy)
How to Get a Huge Butt
Beard Styles for Muslims – 20 Recommended Facial Hairstyles for Muslims
Hepatitis A Pediatric Vaccine Reviews
13 New Summer Beauty Buys We Cant Stop Talking About
How to Convert an Executable File Into a Screensaver