How to clean the kettle from scum folk remedies and chemistry
Often for the preparation of hot drinks in the kettle boil running water, which has high rigidity due to impurities of salt. Salt when heated precipitate, which is deposited on the walls of the tank, forming a dense bloom after a while. The article will look at how to clean the kettle from scale in the home.
If the dishes are not cleaned, the scale prevents the heating of water, impairs the cooling of the heating element, which leads to overheating and increases the risk of failure of the device.
Salt with systematic ingestion into the human body leads to the development of various diseases, including gout, osteochondrosis and stones in the urinary system, so regular cleaning of the kettle is required. How to perform the procedure correctly and safely?
Safety and Preparatory Stage
- Can not be used for cleaning synthetic drugs used for washing machines.Only products created for kitchen equipment and appliances, the surface of which comes into contact with food, will do. After use, chemicals and abrasives can get into drinking water, as they are difficult to remove from plastic and metal elements.
- For cleaning the outer surface, you can use household chemicals without abrasive inclusions. It is better to forget about metal sponges or brushes.
- Before cleaning the kettle, unplug the appliance and cool it. In order to avoid deposits in drinking water, the kettle is supplied with a filter. It is located in the spout and also requires cleaning.
- Never immerse the appliance in water or any other cleaning fluid.
All the following procedures must be performed in a well-ventilated area using rubber gloves and respiratory protection.
Folk remedies against scale
If the kettle is covered with too much a layer of scale, then not all means will help to achieve the result the first time. However, you should not get upset, there are effective folk methods that do an excellent job with bloom and cost practically nothing.
To prepare the solution will need 9% table vinegar and water.In the kettle, dial of water from the maximum level. Then add vinegar to the max mark. Boil the solution, then leave to cool.
If 9% of vinegar was not found, use vinegar essence (70%). Pour water into the kettle to the max mark, then add 2-3 tablespoons of essence.Work with the tool very carefully, avoiding contact with mucous membranes, so as not to provoke a chemical burn.
At the end, rinse the device thoroughly with water. If it was not possible to remove all the scale from the first time, repeat the procedure. The disadvantage of the method is the sharp smell of vinegar (especially in the case of essence), so the room should be well ventilated.
Do not use vinegar to clean enamelware!
The solution is prepared at the rate of 10 grams of citric acid per 1 liter of water. Usually, the acid is packaged in bags of 25 grams, so for a standard kettle you will need one bag.
The resulting solution, as in the case of vinegar, bring to a boil. After boiling, turn off the kettle, as the solution may start intensive foaming. Allow the kettle to cool, drain the solution, rinse thoroughly with water. Repeat the procedure if necessary.
If the kettle has not been cleaned for a long time and the layer of scale is large enough, then before carrying out one of the above procedures, it is necessary to boil water with baking soda in it. The solution is prepared at the rate of 2 tbsp. tablespoons of soda for 1 liter of water. This preparation will give a more active reaction with the acid and increase the likelihood of purification.
The method is suitable for any kettle, except for electric. Sweet carbonated water must contain orthophosphoric and citric acid. Suitable for cleaning are considered to be Coca-Cola, Fanta or Sprite. They clean scale and do an excellent job with rust.
Before starting the procedure, open the lid and release the gas from the beverage. Pour into the kettle to medium level, bring to a boil and leave the liquid to cool. Drain and rinse the inside thoroughly with water.
In many forums, it is recommended to use Sprite, because the colorless liquid does not leave a characteristic color inside the device, while Coca-Cola and Fanta can stain the inner surface.
Running cases require a combination of several methods.The kettle with a strong patina can be cleaned in the following way:
- Perform the first boiling with water and soda, drain the liquid and rinse the kettle.
- Perform the second boil for half an hour. To do this, add 1-2 teaspoons of citric acid to the water and rinse the container with water after boiling.
- Third boil with water and vinegar.
At the end of the procedure, the scum will become loose and without any problems will itself lag behind the walls. After that, thoroughly wash the device again to prevent acid and loose precipitate from entering the future drink.
Purchased funds and chemistry
If you need to quickly and easily remove scale from the kettle, use specialized tools sold in stores. Such tools are effective and act fairly quickly.
- "Antinakipin" - is on sale, inexpensive, quickly achieved the desired result.
- "Scale remover" is a cheap and effective remedy.
- “Major Domus” - a proven agent in liquid form, unfortunately, is not found in all stores.
Powder from scum is easy enough to use: pour them into the kettle and fill with water.After boiling, drain the water and rinse the device thoroughly from the inside.
If the house did not find the necessary ingredients for cleaning, try a pickle cucumber. Pour it into the kettle and boil it for 1-2 hours. Instead of brine, you can also use whey or sour milk.
On the Internet there is a method of cleaning apple peel. Only sour apples are suitable, the rind of which is filled with water and boiled in the kettle for an hour.
After the procedures, the kettle is thoroughly washed.
The best way to solve the problem is to prevent the occurrence of scale.
- Clean the inside of the sponge with a thin layer of scale after 1-2 times using the kettle.
- Boil pre-filtered water.
- Do not leave boiled water in the kettle for a long time, pour out excess immediately.
- Descaling should be done monthly so that the plaque does not become too thick.
Cleaning and maintenance procedures will protect the kettle from scale, extending the life of the heating element.
Date: 09.10.2018, 08:55 / Views: 34355
Bananas in batter
New Year set for serving - cap and serving ring
What is bedding like
What are options?