Niagara Falls Helicopter Flight
How to Fly to Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls is a major tourist destination in Canada and the United States that attracts millions of tourists each year. Niagara Falls is located between 2 major urban areas: Toronto, Ontario, Canada to the north and Buffalo, New York, USA to the southwest. There are 4 major airports within 1.5 hours driving distance of Niagara Falls that serve these areas. Be sure to consider your needs as a traveler, identify the season when you would like to visit the falls, and then book your trip!
Choosing an Airport
Fly to Toronto Pearson International Airport outside the US or Canada.If you are coming from another country, then you will need to fly into an international airport. Traveling to Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) will also save you the trouble of going through a second border if you plan to visit the Canadian falls.
- Toronto Pearson International Airport is also a good option if you are traveling from the US or Canada because this airport will have lots of flights to choose from.
- This airport is a 1.5 hour drive from Niagara Falls.
Select Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport from the US or Canada.You might be able to find a good deal at a smaller airport. However, keep in mind that Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ) does not have international flights other than between the US and Canada, so it will not be a good choice if you are coming from another country.
- This airport is a 1.5 hour drive from Niagara Falls.
Fly John C Munro Hamilton International Airport from North America.This is a smaller airport, but it offers lots of flights within North America. Check to see if you can get a good deal on a flight into John C Munro Hamilton International Airport (YMC).
- This airport is about 1 hour away from Niagara Falls.
Opt for Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF) to see the US falls.This is a great option if you are flying from within the United States, or if you only want to visit the US side of Niagara Falls. Keep in mind that you will need to have a passport to cross the border and visit the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.
- This airport is 45 minutes away from Niagara Falls.
Planning When to Visit Niagara Falls
Visit Niagara Falls June through August for the most stunning views.The falls will be at their most active and beautiful during the summer months, and the weather will be warm. Temperatures usually range from 70 to 80 °F (21 to 27 °C) around Niagara Falls in the summer. The falls will be quite crowded during this time because it is the peak season, but you will have more attractions to choose from if you visit during this time of year.
- Keep in mind that this is the most expensive time of year to visit Niagara Falls. Book your flight and hotel well in advance to ensure that you get the best possible deal.
Go in late spring or early fall for fewer crowds and cooler weather.If you are not a fan of warm weather and crowds, then plan to fly to Niagara Falls during the late spring or early fall months, such as during April, May, September, or October. During these months, the weather is still mild enough to be outdoors and some of the attractions may still be open.
- Be aware that certain attractions may shut down during the early fall and late spring months if the weather is bad. Heavy rain, snow, wind, and cold temperatures are still common in these months, so visiting during this time is a bit of a risk.
Plan a trip during the winter months for cheap hotel fares.You can get some excellent deals on hotel rooms around Niagara Falls if you visit during the winter months (November through March). This is also a great option if you want to see what the falls look like during the winter. You can spend the rest of your time in Niagara Falls shopping, going to the casino, exploring the neighboring cities of Buffalo and Toronto, and enjoying fine dining.
- Keep in mind that if you visit during the winter months, some of the attractions will be closed, such as the Maid of the Mist boat ride. If you have your heart set on riding up close to the falls or doing something else that you won’t be able to do during cold weather, then don’t visit during the winter.
Booking Your Trip
Check airfares a few months in advance to identify the best deals.Buying your plane tickets at least 7 weeks before you travel is a great way to get the lowest possible fare, so start looking a few months before you plan to travel.Starting looking at plane tickets 1 to 2 months before you plan to buy the tickets, and make your purchase about 3 months before you plan to visit Niagara Falls.
- You can use an airfare comparison website or visit individual airline websites to check for airfares.
- If you travel from very far away, then you will probably have to take multiple flights to reach Niagara Falls. You may be able to save money by purchasing each of these tickets individually or it may be cheaper to buy them together.
Plan to travel on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday.These are the cheapest days to fly, so book your flights on these days of the week if possible. Early morning flights may also be cheaper than afternoon or evening flights.
- For example, if you are planning a long weekend trip, you could fly to Niagara Falls on a Saturday and fly back on a Tuesday. For a week long trip, fly to Niagara Falls on a Wednesday, and fly back home on the following Tuesday.
Book your hotel room at least 2 months in advance to get a good deal.Whether you plan to stay at a traditional hotel, or an Airbnb, make sure to book your room well in advance. Plan to make your reservation around the same time you purchase your airfare.
- Pay attention to the difference in prices from week to week. If there is an event or if you are looking at a busy part of the season, then the price on lodging may be higher than usual.
Secure a passport 8 weeks in advance if you are not from Canada.It usually takes around 6 to 8 weeks to receive your passport after you apply for it. Submit your application well in advance of your schedule travel dates to ensure that you will be able to visit Niagara Falls.
- Each country has different guidelines and requirements for getting a passport. Find out what documents you will need and complete the application as instructed.
- If you already have a passport, check to make sure it will not expire before or during your trip. If so, you will need to submit a renewal application.
QuestionCan I take a taxi from the airport to the falls and then cross the border to Canada on foot?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, as long as you have a passport and any relevant visas (if needed). There are four bridges between the USA and Canada in the Niagara Falls/Buffalo area -- Rainbow Bridge has the easiest access to the Falls.Thanks!
QuestionWhich is the best route to reach Niagara from Calgary?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can either fly to Toronto's Pearson Airport or to Hamilton. I would personally go to Toronto, simply because there are more flight options available.Thanks!
QuestionIf I am an American citizen, do I need to get a Visa going to Canada?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo. If you are just visiting Canada, you will just need a United States Passport.Thanks!
QuestionIf I have a car, is there parking available at the airport?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAirports do have parking lots where customers can leave their cars before taking a flight, but there may not always be parking available. It depends on the day and how many people drove themselves to the airport. You will generally also have to pay a certain fee for every day you leave your car there.Thanks!
QuestionDoes an 8-month-old baby need a passport?Community AnswerI am not sure about other countries, but in the USA, yes. You do not need to buy the passport book, but they do offer a passport card that is significantly cheaper. The only catch is that it is not valid for as long as a standard passport, and can only be used to go to Canada and Mexico.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is the airport closest to Niagara Falls in Canada?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerBuffalo International. Airport Code - BUF. There is also a regional airport in NF but you are limited in what airlines go there.Thanks!
QuestionCan I get a taxi from Buffalo Airport to Canada?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThanks!
QuestionHow long is a flight from the UK to Niagara Falls?Tomboy1Community AnswerAbout nine hours and fifteen minutes.Thanks!
QuestionDo I need a passport if I am flying from Orlando?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you are flying anywhere on a commercial airline, then it's best to have a passport available. You may not technically need it for some domestic flights, but it's always good to have one anyway.Thanks!
QuestionDo I need a visa to go to Canada from the US?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThanks!
I am an international student studying in America and I want to visit Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. What do I do?
Do I need a visa to visit Canada if I am a U.S. immigrant with permanent residence?
Which airport has the shortest driving distance to Niagara Falls in Canada?
Is there a bus that goes from Buffalo airport Niagara On The Lake in Canada?
I am getting a hotel by the Niagara Falls in Canada. Which airport is best to land to?
To fly to Niagara falls, you'll need to fly into Toronto Pearson International Airport if you're visiting from outside the United States or Canada. If you're visiting from somewhere in North America, you can fly into Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport or John C Munro Hamilton International Airport to see the Canadian falls. If you want to see the United States falls, fly into Buffalo Niagara International Airport. Regardless of the airport you fly into, you can visit both the United States and Canadian falls, but you'll need a passport to cross the border.
Video: WATCH WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A DRONE FLIES OVER NIAGARA FALLS!! 60fps
Grip Strength Exercises
How to Cope with Mental Instability As a Teenager
Spencer West climbs Kilimanjaro on his hands – the week’s most compelling story Today’s Debate
This Is What Santa Claus Actually Looked Like, According to Science
Joe Hart’s power-building lower-body workout
High-Intensity Total Body HIIT
Countdown-to-the-Holidays Planner: Week 7
Best natural homemade multani mitti hair masks, hair packs for the healthy hair care
Get Inspired by These 20 Transitional Fall Outfits