How to grow cucumbers?
Do you think that the harvest of your cucumbers is insufficient, what is better? In this article we will talk about how to grow a good crop of cucumbers.
Tips: how to grow cucumbers
- Cucumbers are very thermophilic, do not plant them in open ground if the temperature in the summer months is below 18 ° C.
- When it gets cold, cover cucumbers with special non-woven materials in the evening and for the whole night, and in the morning - open.
- Cucumbers do not like drafts and wind, try to choose the best place for garden beds.
- It is very useful to plant cucumbers on a bed on which they grew before: potatoes, tomatoes, onions, peas.
- It is better to do a bed for cucumbers with a comb to improve drainage.
- Before planting, each well must be properly filled with fertilizer.
- The distance in the bed between plants should be 12-15 cm, and between the beds 50-70 cm. The depth of planting seeds is 2 cm.
- After planting cucumbers, pour the soil and then sprinkle dry soil on top to avoid the formation of a crust.
- Plentifully and regularly water cucumbers, especially in dry weather, otherwise you will not see a good harvest.Water only cucumbers with warm water. To preserve soil moisture, you can cover it with mowed grass or dry hay. Watering is best done not on the ridge at the root, but between the beds.
- When cucumbers have 5-6 true leaves, it is better to pinch the main stem in order for the plant to branch better and give more yield.
- When feeding cucumbers, it is better to choose foliar method. With it, spray plants with a solution of fertilizer only in the evening, or not in sunny weather, so as not to harm the plant.
- It is better not to loosen the soil, but to make punctures; cucumbers do not like dense ground, but their root system is too weak to loosen.
- More often harvest from your beds, it will contribute to a bountiful harvest.
- The first flowers should be removed so that the plant has time to fully form.
How to grow cucumber seedlings
First, we prepare the soil, there are several options, choose which one you like more:
- Sod, humus, peat, sawdust in equal proportions.
- Humus and peat in equal shares.
- Peat, sawdust and humus in the ratio of 2: 1: 2.
Any mixture is thoroughly mixed and poured into pots, it is better not to sow seedlings in trays, as cucumbers do not tolerate a dive. In each pot plant 1-2 seeds.Before sowing, seeds should be held in a weak solution of potassium permanganate for 20-25 minutes, moreover, they should be germinated by holding them for 2-3 days in a damp cloth, the temperature should be 26-30 ° C.
After sowing seeds, cover the pots with polyethylene, this is done to more easily maintain temperatures of 25-28 ° C and preserve moisture. Water only seedlings with warm water. After the sprouts grow - remove the film. If both seeds sprouted in the pot, one weaker - cut, but do not pull out, so as not to damage the roots of the remaining sprout. After that, lower the temperature for 2-3 days to 20 ° C so that the sprouts are stronger.
Seedlings should be provided with light, protected from drafts and produce 2 additional feeding. Growing seedlings for cucumbers 23-30 days, but planted earlier than the seedlings formed 2-3 true leaves - should not be. A week before disembarking, lower the temperature to 16-20 ° C.
Planting seedlings can be carried out in a greenhouse or open ground.
How to grow cucumbers in the greenhouse
If your greenhouse is warm, the ground in it is raised, then you can do without seedlings, and planting seeds directly into the ground, while the sprouts do not get stronger it is better to cover them with non-woven insulation materials (eg, agril).A seedless planting is acceptable if the soil surface warms up to at least 13-15 ° C.
On warm days, do not forget to air the greenhouse, but do not create drafts. Better to do it during flowering, to access insects pollinating cucumbers.
How to grow cucumbers: fighting problems
If the ovaries and flowers fall, the cucumbers lack nutrients, and perhaps the soil is too moist. Carry out top dressing and let the soil dry out.
When heavy rains may occur and the spread of gray rot. To avoid this, you can tie cucumbers, well helps tying cucumbers like grapes.
In the implementation of feeding, you should remember. That with the help of organic fertilizers you can bring various diseases to your cucumbers. Carefully consider the choice of fertilizers, the simplest version of the fertilizer - wood resin.
How to grow cucumbers on the balcony
If your balcony is insulated, then cucumbers will delight you in the winter. When growing cucumbers on the balcony, you can do everything the old-fashioned way, and you can use special installations. When choosing a variety, it is better to stop at the early and self-pollinated plants.
Planting cucumbers on the balcony is no different from the usual way. If you have an open balcony, protect cucumbers from frosts, cover them with warming materials, or even bedspreads, if necessary. In the heat, make a shadow for the cucumbers so that they do not burn down and the earth does not dry out. Feed the plant every 7-10 days, this can be done, for example, infusion of wood ash (for 1 liter of water half a glass of ash). Do not forget to cut fruit in time.
For clarity, you can watch the video: how to grow cucumbers.
So, now you know how best to grow cucumbers, a large harvest for you!
Date: 09.10.2018, 09:25 / Views: 53391
Ideas for cabinets that make room in the room and make it seem bigger
Heart of chocolates with your own hands
Milling cutter ballerina adjustable for wood
Ottoman plastic bottles with their own hands - photos, how to make
Living room furniture and furnishings