How to make a Duct Tape Bullwhip
How to Make a Duct Tape Bullwhip
Ever wanted make a bullwhip, but didn't want to pay for thirty feet of leather? Then a duct tape bullwhip is the way to go! Duct tape is extremely durable, cheap, and waterproof! Just gather your stuff and follow these simple steps to make your very own duct tape bullwhip!
Gather your things, which are listed below.You'll need to have two chairs (or something to string your tape between) spaced about ten feet apart. You can buy duct tape in many different colors. Basic gray is the cheapest, but you can get whatever you want.
Stick one end of your duct tape to a chair, pull it out to your other chair and stick it there leaving about three to four inches hanging free so you'll be able to stick it to the dowel/stick.
Repeat step 2 with a second and third strip of duct tape spacing the strips of tape about 3 inches (7.6 cm) apart.
Take your first strip of duct tape and fold in half, sticky sides together (Hot Dog Style), matching the sides so they don't overlap.This can be difficult and or very easy depending upon how nice you want it to look. If you want it to look nice, or are using dark colors, you should take it slow and make sure not to overlap. If you're using basic gray or white, it won't matter a whole lot as far as looks if you overlap, but it may be slightly sticky to the touch!
Repeat step 4 with the other two strips.
Loosen the three ends that you started with, not to be confused with the end that has he extra three to four inches.
Start braiding the "ropes" of duct tape.Don't make them real loose (doesn't work as well), but don't make them real tight either (won't move as smoothly).
Cut off some of the duct tape.Once you get towards the end of your rope, cut off about four to six inches of duct tape and wrap it around the end. Cut off any extra rope.
Remove the end that is stuck to the chair and attach the sticky sides of the duct tape around the dowel/stick.Secure the handle by wrapping any color duct tape around the handle starting a couple inches off the handle and on the rope. Wind your way up the handle and back down if wanted.
Make the Popper.
- To do this cut approximately eight inches of twine or whatever you chose to use.
- Fold it in half and lay it on a flat surface.
- Take the end of your bullwhip and lay it on the middle of it.
- Bring the folded end up and feed your two ends through it (refer to picture).
- Tighten it real tight so it won't fall off. You should tie it a couple times to just to make sure. The popper is very interesting because when you whip it and it "pops", it is moving beyond the speed of sound and creating a vacuum in space.
Learn how to use it!You're done, so go outside wearing your protection (Below in Warnings) and practice. Wet the popper down before you use it as it makes it "pop" better. One method is to bring it forward and up and snap it back down. When you come back down you're using more wrist than arm.
Don't ever hit people, animals, or your mom's vase (she won't like it).Seriously, this can be fun but like with everything, there are limitations.
- When braiding your duct tape, the more you make each individual strip like a piece of rope (by twisting and manipulating it) the better it'll work and look.
- The actual "Duck Tape" brand is probably the best to get. It comes in many colors, is strong, durable, and waterproof. Off-brands may not work as well, so just experiment.
- Experiment and try different colors, handle lengths, and popper types.
- Always wear protection(especially in the beginning)! This includes: long thick pants, long sleeves, safety glasses/goggles, and possibly gloves.
- Wet the popper down slightly right before using it, it makes it "pop" better.
- Don'thit yourself or others! Including people or animals!
- Always wear protective gear so if the whip snaps back and hits you (which can happen a lot in the beginning) it won't cut you or hurt too bad.
Video: How To Make a Paracord Bullwhip (like Indiana Jones!)
4 Easy Parsnip Recipes to Try
Life Before Hayne: Aussies Whove Made The NFL Cut
How to Write Business Emails
5 Coconut Oil Benefits for Weight Loss and More
NEWGEN SS14 Winners Announced
How to Add a Footnote to Microsoft Word
How to Learn to Speak Spanish
Amazon Soon to Launch in Australia
Ryan Reynolds Caught His BFF Trying to Sell Photos of His Daughter
Ami x Smiley: SpringSummer 2015 Collection
Oh, You Have Got To Be Kidding Me
Why Sitting Is The New Smoking
Over the Hill: Have You Passed Peak Performance