How to FIX an AWKWARD Smile | Develop a MAGNETIC Smile Women Will Love
How to Smile
Do you want to be the person who walks into a room and lights it up with your smile? Smiling seems to come more naturally to some people than others, but like any habit, it gets much easier with practice. Smiling raises your spirits and makes other people happy as well - it's a very powerful expression.
Improving the Look of Your Smile
Practice smiling regularly.If you practice smiling in front of a mirror, it will become easier, and you'll look less strained when you do it. Practice what you feel to be your most attractive smile, and it will eventually look and feel more natural.
- Look at photos of yourself smiling in different ways. Decide what type of smile you like best and replicate it in front of the mirror. Once you’re comfortable with the smile, practice without a mirror.
- Practice smiling at random strangers. Simply make brief eye contact with a person and smile. As you do so, think happy thoughts. Not everyone will smile back, but note how you feel when they do.
Smile with your eyes.A genuine smile will naturally include your eyes. It is called a Duchenne smile, and it's not something that is easily faked. When you practice smiling, work to include your eyes in the expression so your wind up with warm, genuine smile.
- To get a feel for how to make your eyes smile, stand in front of a mirror and practice smiling, but concentrate only on your eyes. You may find it helpful to cover the lower part of your face with a piece of paper.
- When your eyes do smile, remember how it feels, including which muscles are working and how. With practice, you may be able to smile with your eyes at will by relying on your feelings and muscle memory.
Maintain good oral hygiene.You may be reluctant to smile if you are self-conscious about your teeth or breath. Eliminate these worries by taking active steps to ensure that your teeth and gums are as healthy as possible.
- Brush your teeth and tongue regularly, carry floss wherever you go so that you can clean up after eating, and have breath freshener on you at all times.
- See your dentist regularly for teeth check-ups and cleaning, as well as discussing options for teeth straightening or other treatments if this is a concern for you.
- If your teeth are stained, consider any lifestyle habits that contribute to the discoloration, such as smoking and drinking too much red wine, coffee, or soft drinks, and try to cut down them. Look into whitening treatments if that will help boost your confidence.
- Deal with bad breath. Regular cleaning and breath fresheners should be adequate for basic bad breath. However, if these don’t work, it may be a sign of an underlying health problem, so see your doctor for advice.
Smiling for the Right Reasons
Make your smile genuine.While it is possible to crack a smile when you’re in a bad mood, smiling under these circumstances can sometimes make people wary of you because they can tell the smile isn’t authentic. Offer a genuine smile to others whenever possible.
- To ensure that your smile is genuine, don't smile when you just aren't feeling it. It will give others the impression that you can't be trusted.
- Remember how it feels when you do crack a genuine smile. Try to regain that feeling each time you smile.
- Even if you aren’t in the best mood, think of something that truly makes you happy before you smile. That can often lead to a genuine smile.
Smile when you feel good.A genuine smile comes from being happy and positive. Be happy that things are going well for the person you're talking to, that someone's joke is funny, or that you're about to eat your favorite food.
- Even when you aren't feeling cheerful, you can still find reasons to smile. Focus on the positive things that are going on in your life and it will be easier to smile.
- When you're dealing with a person or situation that makes you feel ambivalent and you're not sure whether smile or not, err on the side of smiling – find one thing that is positive about the person or situation and use that to create your smile.
Smile out of love.Think about someone you care about, such as the person in front of you, or something that you genuinely love to do. It's much easier to produce a natural, easy going smile when you focus on the people or things that you love.
- If you find yourself in a situation where it’s important to smile and you aren’t necessarily feeling it in the moment, it helps to have a mental list of people and things that you love to run through in your head to make it easier to smile.
Smile when you're feeling playful.When you’re having fun or enjoying yourself, it’s always easier to smile. See life as an adventure and allow your inner to child to play by engaging in games, sports, and other leisure activities.
- When you’re playing a game or participating in an activity with friends and family, avoid getting overly competitive. Remember that you are supposed to be having fun, so you’ll have an easier time smiling.
Making Smiling Part of Everyday Life
Smile when you normally wouldn't.Make an effort to smile at times when you usually don’t. For example, smile at the bus driver on your morning commute to school or work even if you’re tired. Smiles attract attention, but it's the right kind of attention and can help make the world a more positive place.
- Smiling at work or during other professional occasions is not going to make you seem unprofessional. It can actually humanize you and make you appear more approachable so you can communicate with co-workers more effectively.
- A smile makes you seem "real." It may make you feel more vulnerable, but that means you’re opening yourself up to others, which provides the opportunity for more meaningful connections.
Expect smiling to be difficult in some situations.Whether it's for a photo or to keep your mother happy when relatives you can't stand visit, smiling on demand can be difficult. That’s usually because you lack a genuine reason for smiling. In these situations, try to remember past reasons for smiling and focus on the techniques that you’ve practiced.
- For a photo, smile a little harder than you think you should. That will ensure that your smile is as photogenic as possible.
- If you prefer to smile with your mouth closed, try placing your tongue on the roof of your mouth. That helps tighten the muscles in your face and neck for a more natural smile.
Enjoy the many benefits of a smile.To encourage yourself to smile, it helps to understand the benefits that a smile can bring to your day. You’ll smile more often if you know how it affects the way you feel and interact with others.
- Smiling improves your appearance. A person who is smiling is usually thought of as more attractive than someone who is frowning, pouting, or sporting a blank expression.
- A smile can often say more than words can. If you've hurt someone, made a mistake, or are just in a bad mood, a smile can help others know that you’re apologetic and want to make amends.
- Smiling create trust and rapport. It is a simple way to make other people feel more comfortable around you so it’s easier to form a bond and communicate.
- A smile can make you feel good. Even if you're feeling down, focus on happy thoughts and allow yourself to smile. It can release endorphins that help improve your mood.
- Smiling can make other people feel good too. An open-mouthed smile is visible from fairly far away, so it can help put almost anyone whose path you cross at ease.
QuestionWhy do I automatically smile too widely for a professional picture, but smile normally when someone I know takes a picture of me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYour body isn't content to pretend along with your mind. It knows when to smile real or to smile fake. If you want smile for real, practice so that you can match authentic feelings with the smile.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I make myself smile in a dull situation?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTry to think of something happy or funny. Remember to smile with your eyes as well, or your smile will appear forced; more people's eyes squint or crinkle when they smile.Thanks!
QuestionWhen I smile it looks fake. How do I smile from the heart?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerReread the part in the article about smiling with your eyes. Don't worry about smiling when you feel like you're supposed to, just smile when you actually want to.Thanks!
QuestionMy smile is crooked. Is there anyway to fix it?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCrooked smiles are the cutest! Closed smiling compliments the crook best, so opt for that.Thanks!
QuestionMy smile looks terrible even though i have really white teeth. What can I do?Rachael D SmithCommunity AnswerA lot of people don't like the look of their smiles, but a smile means you're genuinely happy and having a good time. If it really bothers you, try reconditioning your mouth to smile in a different shape, or practicing what your "picture" smile feels like.Thanks!
QuestionWhy does smiling make you look good?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt is an expression of positive feelings and friendliness, and we are programmed to be attracted to that.Thanks!
QuestionHow should I smile while talking to someone sitting beside me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends. If you're carrying a conversation, you can have a small smile on your face. It would be slightly awkward if while having a conversation, you are looking at them with a full-out smile. If you're joking around, smile however you want! Chances are that the person talking to you is a friend, and they like you for you, even with small quirks like not knowing how to "properly" smile!Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I do when I am angry and don't feel like smiling?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou don't have to smile if you don't want to. Work through your feelings of anger, and then smile when you're ready to.Thanks!
QuestionWill smiling help a girl like me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt might! Girls definitely like it when a guy is friendly and pleasant, so a smile would likely work in your favor.Thanks!
QuestionHow to get his attention by smiling?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerA genuine smile automatically draws attention. Try to keep positive thoughts in your mind and you will definitely shine through with your smile.Thanks!
If you want a bright, cheerful smile, practice smiling in front of a mirror. Pay attention to how your face feels when you’re smiling in a way that looks attractive, so you can recreate it later when you’re around other people. When you’re smiling, your lips, cheeks, and eyes should be engaged. Throughout your day, try to find excuses to smile at people, from strangers walking down the street to your coworker who looks like they’re having a bad day. Over time, you’ll notice yourself smiling without having to think about it!
- Opportunities for smiling are all around you. Make the most of them.
- In a photo, it may help to laugh or giggle so your smile appears more natural.
- If you are self-conscious about your teeth, opt for a closed-mouth smile. It can be just as attractive and effective as an open-mouth style.
- Smiling is a great defense mechanism. If someone is trying to bring you down, smile around them to resist their efforts.
- When you meet someone new, greet them with a smile. That will help get your relationship off on the right foot.
- If you smile at someone you don't know, chances are you'll make them very happy— and they'll smile back.
- Don’t make direct eye contact with the camera! Look slightly to the side of it so it doesn’t look as if you're staring.
- Avoid having spinach or other food stuck in your teeth when you smile. Duck out to the bathroom after a meal and do a quick check of your teeth so you know that you’re ready to smile.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Français: , Español: , Português: , Deutsch: , Nederlands: , Русский: , 中文: , Italiano: , Čeština: , 日本語: , Bahasa Indonesia: , 한국어: , Tiếng Việt: , العربية: , ไทย:
Video: How To Smile Like A Male Model (Get the PERFECT Smile)
SKorean court says government must pay salt farm slaves
How to Hang Floating Shelves
Nose and Nostril Hair Waxing
How to Eat Soup Politely
Alternative Breast Cancer Treatments: Do They Work
What Is Dyslexia Everything You Need to Know
Wear Cocktail Dresses With Confidence
30 Stunning Curly Straight Pixie Haircuts for 2019
How to Start a Career As a Health Coach
21 Best Spring Hairstyles to Fascinate Your Admirers
All the Statement-Making Eyes from FashionMonth
How to Bid at an Auction
Karlie Kloss Joins Mango for The New Metallics Campaign
Spiced Mini Burgers with Cucumber Relish