How to stop eating before bedtime?
If before going to bed you have an overwhelming desire to eat, then you should be aware that evening and even more so nightly meals are very harmful. And what exactly? And how to stop, finally, eat at night?
Can food before bedtime harm?
Harm of evening or night meals:
- Eating food at night is bad for the muscles. The fact is that with the feeling of hunger (even light), a hormone is produced that stimulates the growth of muscle tissue. And if you eat before bedtime, they will not grow.
- Evening meals provoke an increase in the level of insulin in the blood, which can lead to the development of diabetes. But this disease is not treated.
- Insomnia. First, after a nightly meal, the production of the hormone melatonin is reduced, which has a slight hypnotic and sedative effect. Secondly, the digestive tract overloaded with food is forced to continue working even at night, which also interferes with normal sleep. As a result, sleep becomes shallow, a person cannot fall asleep and often wakes up.
- Stress, depression.Sleep problems and constant lack of sleep can lead to an increase in nervous excitability, deterioration of mood.
- It is bad for digestion. The functioning of the gastrointestinal tract is disturbed at night, all processes are inhibited, that is, the digestive organs are tuned to a well-deserved rest (they worked all day). Imagine what will happen to them if you eat at night. They will bear a huge burden, which they simply can not cope. The gallbladder and pancreas are particularly affected.
- Food eaten before bedtime is poorly digested. All processes at night are inhibited, including the digestion of food. As a result, it stagnates in the digestive tract, begins to rot. And the nutrients from it are absorbed incompletely.
- A large load on the whole body. Instead of resting at night, the body is forced to process food, and this provokes its wear and premature aging.
- Overweight. It's not a secret that carbohydrates and fats received closer to the night simply will not have time to be consumed and will go "in reserve", that is, in the thighs, belly and buttocks.
How to get rid of this bad habit?
How not to eat before bedtime?
- The last meal should be about three or four hours before bedtime. That is, if you go to bed late, then the rule “do not eat after six” does not apply.
- Dinner should be right. It is not recommended to eat fatty foods in the afternoon, as well as foods with a high glycemic index, that is, containing so-called simple carbohydrates. Fats simply do not have time to spend and do not allow to feel saturation. And the body absorbs fast carbohydrates almost immediately, which is why they increase the level of glucose in the blood and often also go “to the reserve”. So how to be? The perfect dinner should consist of protein foods or contain complex carbohydrates. For example, you can eat a serving of buckwheat, cottage cheese, lean fish, or meat with vegetables. No sauces, convenience foods, sweets, fast food, smoked meats and other nastiness!
- Food consumed for dinner should be varied. The more products you include in the last meal, the more pleasure you will get. In addition, you will eat much slower, enjoying every bite.And this means that saturation will come faster, that is, you will not outweigh.
- Try not to overdo it with spices and seasonings, especially in the afternoon. They greatly increase the appetite, and suppress hunger will not be easy.
- So you do not want to eat something harmful or forbidden for the night, eat it in the morning, preferably for breakfast. In this case, you will satisfy your desire, and all the calories and carbohydrates for the day will have time to spend, that is, you do not harm the figure.
- Slightly suppress the appetite will help a glass of warm water. The fluid will fill the stomach, but will not overload it. As a result, you will not feel hungry and sleep peacefully.
- Try to eat more in the morning. Many do not eat breakfast and eat almost nothing during the working day, which is fundamentally wrong. The body will still try to take its own, so that in the evening you will in any case feel hunger, and strong. And in the morning you don’t want to eat, because your stomach will be full because of a late meal. Get a vicious circle. Try to overcome hunger once, and the next day start with a hearty and healthy breakfast. Do not forget about lunch, afternoon snack and a full dinner.Then in the evening you just do not want to eat.
- You can replace your meal with a walk. This not only helps to distract from thoughts about food, but also very useful for the body and body.
- What to do so as not to think about delicacies? Just go to bed before! Yes, it is trite, but the truth helps. You not only do not harm your figure, but also you will sleep well.
- Aromatherapy will help. She will calm and distract from unnecessary thoughts. Especially useful smells of mint, chamomile, lavender, ylang-ylang.
- After dinner, just lock the fridge on the lock.
- Use motivating pictures or inscriptions, attach them to the refrigerator. They will stop you.
- The right motivation. Understand for yourself why you should give up the evening meals: for the sake of a beautiful and slim body, for the sake of health, for the sake of a sense of pride, sound sleep or good health
- Try brushing your teeth right after dinner. A reflex may work, because after such a procedure they usually do not eat.
Do you still want to eat at night? The above tips will help overcome this desire!
Date: 09.10.2018, 09:27 / Views: 42352
Scarf jabot - an elegant addition to the stylish look
Original plaid Bavarian viscous
What Chartreuse cats look like
How to sew a sofa cushion with the symbol of the year
Inna Mikhailova: 5 minutes of conversation with Stas - and I am finished