How to fix android phone won't turn on
How to Turn On an Android Phone
In order to start using your Android phone and all of its functionalities, you will need to power on your device. If you think your Power button is broken or that your battery has gone bad, your best option might be to have it repaired. However, there are a couple of troubleshooting methods you can try to use to get it back on.
Using the Power Button
Locate the power button.It's usually a single button located along the top or right edge of the phone.
Press and hold the power button.
Wait for your phone to turn on.
- If you have a security code, you will need to enter it before you can access your phone.
Booting from Recovery Mode
Find the volume buttons.Holding down both volume buttons, or a combination of the volume and home buttons, can sometimes bring up a boot menu. They are usually located along the left side of your phone.
Press and hold the buttons simultaneously.
- Your phone may require a combination of pressing and holding the volume and home buttons.
- Recovery mode is a feature that gives you tools to repair or install updates to your device. Click for instructions on entering recovery mode from several different brands of Android phones.
Use your volume buttons to move through the menu.Many devices' boot menus will have instructions on how to reboot the phone using the volume buttons and power button as your controls.
- For example, on a Samsung Galaxy device, you can use the volume up and down buttons to scroll through the menu options, and use the power button to make a selection.
Use the power or home button to select reboot.
- The 'select' button varies between devices. Check the instructions at the top of your recovery mode menu screen to confirm which button to use.
Replacing Your Battery
Remove your phone's back casing.
- Be sure to practicing safe battery-handling techniques. Donotget the battery wet, donotapply strong impacts to the battery, and donotexpose it to heat.
- Mishandling of lithium ion batteries can result in overheating, explosion or fire.
Pop out the old battery.If you suspect the battery may be the problem, try replacing it with a spare.
Put in the new battery.
Replace your phone's back casing.
Properly dispose of the old battery.Lithium ion batteries pose health and environmental hazards.
- They must be disposed of by way of recycling service or at a household hazardous waste facility. Check to locate your nearest collection center.
If all else fails, call your carrier.A technician will be able to advise you as to whether your phone will need to be replaced or if it can be repaired.
- You may need to schedule an appointment.
QuestionIf my android power button doesn't work, does it mean it is already destroyed?WikiHowUser20180421181810Community AnswerYou can try to turn on your phone by connecting it to your charger or PC via USB cable. You can get your phone's power button repaired at most phone repair services.Thanks!
- Make sure your phone has enough battery power before you turn it on.
- If your phone doesn’t turn on after a few seconds of pressing and holding the Power button, try charging it first.
- If your phone's Power button is broken and you have managed to turn it on, try using an application like to control your Sleep/Wake settings while you schedule a phone repair.
- Click for other applications that will help you get by without a working Power button.
- You may be able to find a DIY tutorial on . Search for your phone's make and model, and use the instructions to repair the phone yourself.
- Using an app or other troubleshooting method to turn on your phone is just a temporary fix. You should take your phone to a professional to ensure that it continues to function.
- If you choose to work on your phone yourself, be aware that many carriers will void your warranty.
Video: ALL SAMSUNG PHONES: WONT TURN ON / BOOT LOOP - TRY THESE STEPS FIRST!
Why Men Cheat—And Why I Didnt
Brains Plus Brawn: Why Athletes Brains Matter
Stocking Your Low-Carbohydrate Pantry
The Startling No. 1 Christmas Songs Through the Years
22 Light Healthy 4th of July Appetizers
Melatonin: A Safe Way to Help Kids Sleep Tight
How to Resist a Sales Pitch
20 Chic Accessories to Meet Fall 2014 In Style
This monthly calendar can tell you when youre going to get spots
No Knead Soda Bread How To Recipe
4 Ways to Style Falls Must-Have Boots Like an L.A. Girl
Purple is Officially the New It’ HairColor
De 5 make-up fouten die te veel vrouwen maken
BodyGlide Anti-Blistering and Chafing Stick
Gorgeous Crown Braided Hairstyles Tutorials: Long Hairstyle