How to Use Apple Pay
How to Use Wallet on an iPhone
This wikiHow teaches you how to use your iPhone's Wallet app to store card information and pay at some vendors. Your iPhone's Wallet app can store credit and debit cards as well as some gift cards and reward cards.
Adding a Credit or Debit Card
Open Wallet.Tap the Wallet app icon, which resembles a grey wallet with red, yellow, green, and blue cards in it.
Tap .It's in the top-right corner of the screen.
TapContinue.This option is at the bottom of the screen.
Wait for the camera screen to appear.Once you see a rectangular frame appear on-screen, you can proceed.
- If your iPhone assumes you're trying to add a card that you've used in the past, you can tapAdd a Different Cardto get to this screen.
Lay your card face-up on a flat surface.Your card's name, number, and expiration date should be facing up.
Scan your card's front.Point your iPhone's camera at the card—making sure to line the edges of the card up with the inside edges of the rectangular frame—and hold your iPhone steady until the card scans.
Tap .It's in the top-right corner of the screen.
- If you notice that any of the card information on this page is inaccurate, fix it before tappingNext.
Enter your card's CVV.Tap the "CVV" text box, then type in the three-digit code found on the back of your card.
Tap .You'll find this in the top-right corner of the screen.
TapAgreewhen prompted.It's in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Verify your card.Some banks will require you to verify your card by sending a code to your phone via a text message. If prompted to verify your card, do the following:
- Check the "Text Message" option.
- Retrieve the verification code from the text message.
- Enter the code into the Wallet app.
Understand how to add gift cards to your iPhone.While you can't add a gift card within the Wallet app, you can cause gift cards to show up in the Wallet app by doing the following:
- Download and install the app for the gift card's merchant (e.g., you would download the Starbucks app for a Starbucks gift card).
- Open the app and add your gift card to it.
- Tap theAdd to WalletorAdd to Apple Walletbutton. If you don't see this button, your gift card probably can't be added to the Wallet app; alternatively, the card may automatically be added to your iPhone's Wallet.
Changing the Default Card
Open Wallet if you closed it.Tap the Wallet app icon, which resembles a grey wallet with colored cards in it.
Scroll up to the top of the page.You should see the "Wallet" heading at the top of the page here.
Review your added cards.You'll see a "stack" of the debit and credit cards you've added to Wallet below the "Wallet" heading. You can set any one of these cards as your default payment card.
- You'll also see a black "PayCash" card here; this cannot be set as the default payment method.
Tap and hold a card you want to set as the default card.Doing so allows you to move the card forward or backward.
Drag the card to the bottom of the "Wallet" section.This will place the card at the front of the "stack" of cards below the "Wallet" heading.
Release the card.Doing so drops the card at the front of the "stack" of cards.
Tap when prompted.This confirms that the selected card is now your default Apple Pay method; when you pay using your iPhone's Wallet, this is the card that will be charged.
Using Wallet to Pay
Make sure your selected vendor supports Apple Pay.The vendor's card reader should have a "Pay" sticker that has the Apple logo on it, though some vendors will have an icon that resembles a radio signal wave instead.
- If the card reader doesn't support Apple Pay, you can't use the Wallet app to pay.
Unlock your iPhone.Press the Home button and then either enter your passcode or press the Home button with your Touch ID finger.
Hold your iPhone near the Apple Pay card reader.This will cause the Apple Pay screen to appear after a second.
- Your iPhone should be within an inch or two (a few centimeters) of the card reader.
Place your Touch ID-enabled finger on the Home button.Doing so will verify the purchase with Touch ID.
- If you have an iPhone X, skip this step.
Wait for the confirmation message to appear.Once you see a message that says "Done" appear below a checkmark, your purchase is complete.
QuestionWhen trying to add coupons or passes to the wallet, I don't see how to select it, nor do I see any "Add to Apple wallet" button. What can I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerApple Wallet has only basic features if you are using a device under the iPhone 6s.Thanks!
Can I use Apple Pay stored credit card in web purchases?
Trying to add my flight to wallet. Must I print it first? What if it is Southwest Airlines and I don't have bar code?
- You can also use Wallet to pay via Safari on your iPhone by selecting theApple Payoption at checkout and then scanning your Touch ID.
- If you want to use Wallet in an app, look for theApple Payoption, select it, and scan your Touch ID.
Video: How to Add Tickets and Gift Cards to Wallet in iOS
The pity party
20 Lovely Hair Ideas for Fall
Try This Healthy Avocado Dessert Recipe From Gisele Bündchen’s VacationChef
10 Hottest Short Hairstyles for Summer, Chic Short Hair
Myths and Facts About Menstrual Bleeding
Iconic Movie Scenes That Were Stolen From Other Movies
8 New Beard Trimmers For The Hairy Gentleman
Corner Ford Fiesta Active
Beauty Recipe: Summer PartyMakeup
Why natural beauty products could be bad for your skin
How to Connect a VoIP Phone to a Router
How to Burn Calories Without Exercise
Facebooks new ad policy will reveal more on how politicians use Facebook to advertise
How to Experience Oahu As a Local