5 Types of Sarees You Should Own | Indian Ethnic Wear | Perkymegs
Indian Ethnic Wear Sarees – In Modern Day fashion
If there is one thing we are thankful to Indian fashion for, it’s sarees. Nothing can compare to the beauty of traditional clothing, especially sarees. There is no denying that saree is a timeless piece of clothing that has been worn by women for centuries and is probably never going to go out of fashion. Whether you are going to a religious gathering or a wedding function, you will definitely find a style of saree that suits you well. Considering this fashion has been around for decades, one may assume it would be outdated in the current fashion scene. But thanks to the different modifications in saree styles by modern day designers, you now have plenty of saree styles to choose from as opposed to only a few typical looks previously. Fashionistas from not only India but all over the world are going gaga over Indian ethnic sarees with a contemporary look. From red carpets to runways, sarees are everywhere and they are here to stay! Some very famous Indian designers that are also recognised globally namely Satya Paul, Manish Malhotra, Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla have brought out some very unique and creative contemporary saree looks that have totally changed the perception of ethnic saree fashion in modern day. Here are some of the in-trend modern saree styles:
- Lehnga Style Sarees– as the name suggests, it is a fusion of the two most popular indian pieces of clothing: lehnga and saree. The best part about these sarees is that there is no draping involved and it is super easy to wear and looks fantastic!
- Fringe Sarees– Celebrities such as Sonam Kapoor and Twinkle Khanna have been spotted with fringes on the blouse and pallu of their sarees and we feel it gives it a great trendy touch!
- Dhoti sarees– This is one of the latest saree styles that involves the bottom of the saree stitched like a dhoti, giving it a very unique look.
- Silk Sarees – Silk sarees have always been in fashion whether it’s a party or casual function .
- Double pallu sarees– This style features a two way pallu, giving it a very traditional and contemporary look at the same time.
- Denim and lawn sarees– Two new styles of sarees that we have noticed in the current fashion scene are sarees stitched in lawn and denim. This style may or may not be liked by everyone but it is surely trending for casual wear.
- Saree with jacket– This style basically involves wearing a short jacket instead of the typical blouse. The jacket could be embroidered, flashy or simple and can be paired with an appropriate pleated saree depending on the type of jackets and fashion divas like Aishwariya Rai have been spotted totally rocking this style!
Finding yourself a perfect saree has become a whole lot easier now with so many amazing styles to choose from. Besides all these contemporary styles, you have to admit one can never get enough of the classic old ethnic sarees!
Video: Ethnic Modern Saree looks
5 Veggie Noodle Recipes That Actually Taste Like the Pasta Dish
How to Make a McDonalds Big Mac
Bouchra Jarrar Unveils Lanvin Resort 2019 Collection
Congratulations are in order for Penn Badgley and Domino Kirke
Having Fantasies About Someone Youre Not Married To
Here is the full list of Tatlers 30 best-dressed
How to Decide What to Give up for Lent
De leukste jurkjes voor de lente en zomer in 2019
Paying for Bipolar Disorder Care
7 Facts About Bloating That Will Totally Blow Your Mind
10 Terrifying Real Ghost Stories to Tell at Your Next Girls’ Night
What is contraction How exactly contractions feel like Types of contraction