Rosette of Mastic
Already very soon the celebration will burst, but do you want to surprise the guests with something? Better yet, is this “something” done by hand? Then you looked at the address! In this master class you will learn how to decorate a cake with beautiful roses made of mastic, not made in expensive pastry shops by order, but by the owner herself! This is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance, and you will see it clearly! What do we need?
- Smooth work surface.
- Silicone mat is desirable (but you can do without it).
- Confectionery mat.
- It can also be replaced with an ordinary thick sponge for dishes.
- A container with water.
- Sugar powder.
Some people use potato starch instead of powder or together in a 1: 1 ratio, but I don’t like the latest options. After products from such mastic stand for a while, they become tasteless.
- Rolling pin.
You can buy it (Italian is used in the master class, Modelplast), and you can make it yourself from a soufflé marshmallow. The confectionery tool (with a large ball on the end). It can also be replaced, for example, with a wand from a children's xylophone. So, let's get started? 1. Spread out the rug, sprinkle it with sugar powder.
2. For rose petals, you can take the same color mastic, or you can make it somewhat more interesting, make the middle white, and the edges pink. To do this, roll white sausage between the palm of your hand.
3. Roll the pink mastic with a rolling pin.
4. Put a white flagellum mastic on a pink pancake.
5. Tightly wrap.
6. This is what you should have.
7.Roll on the mat the resulting tourniquet with your fingers with a little effort.
8. Cut a few pieces (12–15 pieces) with a width of about 5 mm with a knife. If you want to make a small rose, then such a diameter of the rope will be enough, but you need to make a thicker “sausage” flower.
9. Fingers mash each piece of mastic, giving it the shape of petals.
10. And now each petal must be made thin and elegant, maximally bringing it closer to the natural look. To do this, place the petal on the mat and roll its edges with a confectionery ball and a small depression.
Don't overdo it.If the mastic is made too thin, it will easily break and it will become impossible to work with it.
11. These are your petals of a future rose.
12. Came the turn of toothpicks. You must have racked your brains over what they are for? And in fact, everything is very simple: it is convenient to twist the edges of the petals, giving them naturalness.
13. Half of the blanks twist the edges inward - this will be our future petals, not yet bloomed. Leave one blank untouched, and twist the rest of the edges outward - these are the future "outer" petals.
14. Take in your hand the very workpiece that has remained intact. Moisten the brush with water and anoint the edges of the petal at the base with the letter V. Water for mastic is a real glue!
15. Twist the workpiece into a straw.This will be the “heart” of our bud.
16. If during work you feel that the mastic has wetted too much and she “swam”, became soft and naughty - just sprinkle this place with powdered sugar and everything will return to normal.
17. At the next stage we will work only with the petals whose edges are bent inside. We also wet the edges with the letter V.
18. We glue our first petal to the core.
19. We glue the second petal, half receding from the first, so that they lie "overlap."
20. In the same way we manage with the other "internal" preparations. Approximately here is a flower at this stage you should have.
21. The turn of the outer petals came.We also wet each with water.
22. We glue to the bud.
23. After all the preparations are in place, the flower immediately acquires a “lush” look.
24. After all the manipulations, an unnecessary, too long base of the bud can be nipped off.
25. In order for the flower to be easily attached to the cake, even to the side of it, without fear that it will fall down or eat it, stick a vertically toothpick into its base.
26. Another toothpick pierce the base horizontally.
27. Find a glass or any other container in which the bud is placed. Dip the flower so that it rests on the toothpick.
28. This position is necessary to give the rose, while the paste will dry. So all petals will harden in the necessary form within 24 hours. You can safely pull out a horizontal toothpick after that.
That's such a wonderful rosette, I am sure, you will succeed! If something goes wrong the first time, don't worry and try again! After all, everything comes with experience. And in a very short time, you will be able to please your friends and family with a chic dessert and proudly say: “Yes, I made this cake myself!”.
>img src="https://sdelaysam-svoimirukami.ru/images/7/2440-rozochka-iz-mastiki.jpg" alt="mastic rosette" title="mastic rosette">
Date: 09.10.2018, 09:55 / Views: 61144
Little Amigurumi KittenSmoking capelin at homeCrafts from CDsWhat is a paging fileBladeless FanHow to privatizeI can not believe that such beauty can be made from ordinary lightning