Want to please your loved ones? Prepare the "Nest of wood grouses"
If there is a holiday or you just want something unusual for tea, then try to cook a bright and stunningly delicious cake "Nest of wood grouse".
What is this cake?
Who, when and where to invent such an unusual dessert - is unknown, and it is clear only that he has become one of the most beloved. "Nest of wood grouses" is a multicomponent cake consisting of flour baked balls with nut filling (they play the role of eggs), glaze and sour cream. This dessert looks impressive, but it is not really as difficult to prepare it as it might seem at first glance.
What is required for cooking?
To make this fabulous dessert, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
For the test:
- three glasses of flour;
- two eggs;
- a glass of sugar;
- one or two tablespoons of natural honey;
- half a pack of butter (100 grams);
- half a cup of peanuts or other nuts, such as almonds, cashews;
- a teaspoon of soda (you can use baking powder).
To prepare the glaze:
- about 300 ml of fat and thick sour cream;
- half a glass of sugar;
- four to five tablespoons of cocoa;
- 50 or 70 g butter.
- a glass of fatty and thick sour cream;
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar;
- vanilla sachet optional
How to cook an unusual cake "Nest of wood grouses"? The process can be divided into several stages, and each will be discussed below.
To cook the dough, you must first break the eggs into a bowl and beat them well with a mixer. Then gradually add sugar, continuing the whipping process. Now grind the oil on grater (to make it easier, you can pre-send it to the freezer). Mix everything again, and then begin to add flour to this composition. Also at this stage you should add honey and soda, quenched with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. With hands, replace the dough, it should turn out to be elastic and soft, but at the same time rather dense.
Forming and baking balls
From the dough make small cakes, put one nut on each center, then form the balls, this will be the eggs of the wood grouse.Place them on a parchment made of paper (it can be greased with butter) and bake in the oven at 190 degrees for about twenty or twenty-five minutes to turn light brown.
Cooking cream and glaze
To prepare the glaze in sour cream, enter sugar and cocoa, put this mixture on the slowest fire and wait until the cocoa is completely dissolved. Then add the butter, again stir everything carefully.
You can immediately prepare the cream. To do this, simply mix sour cream with sugar and vanillin. If you beat the mixture, do not do it for long at the minimum speed of the mixer, otherwise the consistency will become too liquid.
And finally, the final stage - the formation of the cake. Prepare a tray. Take the balls, dab them in a warm dark glaze and lay one layer to make a circle. This will be the bottom of the nest. Next, dip the balls and lay them on the bottom edge to form the walls. The nest is ready.
Go to the formation of simulated eggs. To do this, lower the remaining balls into white cream cream and lay a slide in the ready nest.When the cake is ready, you can pour the white balls on top with the remaining cream. Dessert, put in the refrigerator for an hour or two, so that it stiffens, and then serve.
For the decoration of the cake, you can use coconut chips, chocolate chips, cinnamon, cocoa and so on. Moreover, it is better to decorate the nest with dark ingredients, and the eggs themselves - light to support the overall concept of the dessert.
A few final recommendations:
- The simplest and most popular recipe was described above, but you can make your own changes. So, sour cream can be replaced with cream or custard, but still it is better to use liquid, which will saturate the dough balls and make them softer.
- To make the balls more delicate, you can literally leave them in a glaze or cream for half a minute.
- The smaller the components of the cake (that is, the nest and egg pieces), the more interesting the finished dessert will be.
- To bake the balls were more like eggs, after cooking, give them the correct oval shape, cutting off all the excess with a knife. But act carefully, otherwise the dough will fall apart.
- It is important that the cake is well soaked in icing and cream, so do not serve it immediately, but keep it in the fridge.
Date: 09.10.2018, 09:08 / Views: 92534
How to make a dog in the Snow Maiden costume
Decorations for kindergarten for the New Year
Provencal Style Shelf
Simple and original table decor - 2 master classes