What is good laminate?
When it comes to flooring, the customer always has a choice. The fact that the best floor covering is parquet is beyond doubt. But this is quite an expensive material, and not everyone can afford to buy it. Currently, laminate is an excellent alternative to parquet. Laminate has excellent characteristics, and it looks great as a floor covering. What is this material and what is good laminate?
What is laminate
In the production of building material laminate, its basis is fiberboard or particleboard. On top of the board is covered with special paper. The paper is impregnated with melamine-based resin. The basic qualities of the material depend on it. Laminate is made from several layers. The base is a board, which is impregnated with a waterproof resin, thereby protecting it from moisture penetration. Next is a layer of hardboard or particle board, and the last layer is paper, which is laminated with resin. As a result, in appearance it turns out varnished.In production, the top layer is tested for stability, mechanical stress, and ability to withstand loads. What is good laminate?
The advantages of laminate
- Convenience and ease of assembly. Each person, even without experience with such a building material, is able to assemble a floor from such boards.
- Easy care for him. Any contamination is very easily removed with the help of special means or just with a soap solution.
- Environmentally friendly material, which is very important if there are allergies in the house.
- Resistance to high temperatures. Nothing will happen to him, even if a heating device falls on him.
- Resistance to mechanical loads. On such a coating does not remain scratches and dents, it can even draw.
- It does not leave traces of any stains. It is not subject to grading, grinding and varnishing. It is enough to wipe it with a damp cloth.
The disadvantages of laminate
- If during the production of laminate was broken process, then its edges will collapse. Therefore, during its purchase, it is better to opt for products of well-known manufacturers, such as KAINDL (Austria), Norske Skog Flooring (Norway), etc.
- Low water resistance. The point is, if there is water on such a coating for a sufficiently long period of time, it will deteriorate.
- With intensive use, it can serve no more than five years.
Despite the fact that the laminate is not a natural material, it is absolutely safe for human health. Because of this, it can be used for any room.
Date: 09.10.2018, 08:59 / Views: 34474
How to turn a boring wall into a fashionable brick
Crafts from CDs
Orchid - New Year's hair ornament
Hand palm application for March 8