Why is it good to sleep during the day?
Good sleep is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle. Any sleep disorders can lead to health problems and a deterioration in the appearance of a person. Therefore, it is very important to get enough sleep. But few people know that daytime sleep is as good for health as night sleep. This is due to the fact that for many years our society imposed on us a stereotype that sleeping during the day is useful only for a child, whereas an adult should not waste his working time on this type of rest.
However, in Japan, China and many European countries, more and more employers are encouraging naps, arranging special places for recreation and increasing the length of the lunch break. This decision is based on data from numerous studies that have shown that sleep during the day has a positive effect on human performance.
So let's see, what is the use of this type of rest for an adult?
The benefits of daytime sleep
Fatigue, stress and excessive physical and psychological stress at work negatively affect our professional success. But the worst thing is that they harm our health.Rest in the middle of the day is an excellent way to improve well-being. It has the following advantages:
- improves mood;
- reduces stress level and increases stress resistance;
- reduces the likelihood of burnout at work;
- lowers high blood pressure;
- normalizes the work of the cardiovascular system;
- improves performance;
- improves productivity;
- improves creativity;
- restores physical and emotional strength;
- improves memory, alertness and other cognitive functions;
- exacerbates sensory organs and reaction to stimuli.
Despite all the advantages of this type of recreation, it has some contraindications. Too much sleep during the day may worsen the symptoms of depression and other mental disorders. It is not recommended to sleep during the day to people who suffer from insomnia, as this can lead to even greater violation of biorhythms.
Healthy Day Sleep Rules
In order to get the maximum benefit from this holiday, you need to know at what time and how much you can sleep during the day. Improperly organized daytime sleep can cause you to wake up broken,and all the benefits of a day holiday will be reduced to zero. To prevent this, it is necessary to observe the following rules:
1. Relaxation. Fall asleep when the level of stress goes off scale is very difficult. Therefore, you first need to relax. To do this, you can use a special gymnastics with slow movements, which help to relax the muscles and make breathing more even and deep. A great way to relax is yoga and meditation. If you are not able to do the exercises, then you can just sit back and breathe deeply and quietly.
2. The right place to sleep. We need to create the most convenient conditions for recreation. Sources of loud sounds and bright light should be removed. To do this, you can use earplugs and a bandage on the eyes. Sleep better somewhere on the couch or sitting in a chair, as a day rest in bed helps to increase its duration, which can adversely affect health. Create a more comfortable sleep environment is also possible with the help of a rug. During sleep, the body temperature decreases slightly, so a warm blanket will be at hand.
3. Time to fall asleep. Some people have trouble falling asleep.If you are one of them, add an additional 10-15 minutes to your afternoon rest.
4. Short sleep duration. Scientists do not recommend sleeping for more than 30 minutes during the day, provided you get enough sleep at night. This is due to the fact that the phase of deep sleep occurs 30 minutes after falling asleep and it lasts more than an hour. If you wake up during this phase, then there is a very high probability that you will feel overwhelmed. If you did not sleep well at night, then the duration of daytime sleep may be 1.5-2 hours, i.e. You need to wake up before the next phase of deep sleep.
5. The optimal time for daytime sleep. It is best to sleep in the interval from 13 to 15 hours of the day. It is during this period that a decline in activity occurs. Daytime sleep helps to restart the brain and improve the functioning of all systems.
6. Proper Awakening. Many people can not wake up quickly. In order to facilitate this process, you can drink a cup of coffee or tea before bedtime. These drinks begin to act on the body 20-30 minutes after consumption, i.e. the beginning of their tonic effect coincides with the time of awakening.In addition, a small charge will help you wake up.
Of course, daytime sleep at work is a novelty for us and may be inadequately perceived by our colleagues. But do not forget that during your lunch break you have every right to do what you see fit. Your physical and mental health should be above the opinions of others.
Date: 08.10.2018, 13:33 / Views: 72331
New Year's applique of yarn
Wardrobe systems - essential convenience for storing clothes
Hair tie in hair colors
Halloween drawings and applications
Fast food recipes for dinner
Buttons for kids
25 of the most touching photo stories, as abandoned dogs found new loving owners